I just built a new machine using a Intel Core i5-4690K. When I was shopping for a cpu, I tried to look at every comparison, benchmark and testimonial I could find. I'm not brand loyal in any way so my perspective was strickly the most stable, high performance cpu that fit within my budget. I ended up going with the i5 and I'm very happy I did. It oc'ed stable @ 4.5ghz and ran cool there with only a DeepCool Lucifer V2 air cooler (although it appears to work as well as liquids twice it's price). In Arma 3, Assetto Corsa, IL-2, Falcon 4.0 and so on it runs all games at ultra settings using a Gigabyte GeForce 970 and the cpu @3.5ghz brilliantly and I really don't even see a need to oc it for what "I" do. It doesn't stutter, choke or slowdown and I'm running it at factory clock until I have a reason not to.

Conversely, my BIL is an AMD loyalist and never in the past would even consider a Intel cpu EVER. He was over visiting and I let him run through the games I currently have installed and he was astounded at the level of performance versus the money I spent. This has always been AMD's mantra, giving it's customers the most "bang for the buck" and I don't believe that applies anymore. In the past the AMD machines I had lived up to that standard, but Intel has really hurt them with the "K" chipsets. They oc easy, they run cool and they perform at a relatively low cost. I think Amd still has a decent foothold in the low budget gaming world, but in middle to high end builds their presence there seems to be fading away. Just my humble opinion ofcourse, your mileage may vary. cheers