Originally Posted By: strykerpsg
Great collection! have you thought about just melting your Connie rather than selling it to someone? That should easily get you a very nice in store credit, basically whatever you paid for it.

The wise thing would have been to melt the Rear Admiral package first, THEN buy the Carrack with only $75 out of pocket. $50 if I melted the Aurora LX too.

The only reason I couldn't bring myself to do that is that the Rear Admiral package = LTI, and I know how people are about LTI already. I didn't want to shrink the pool of LTI ships down even more.

Same deal with the Aurora LX, actually. I was gonna convert it to a Mustang, but the only cross-chassis upgrades are for the Aurora MR.

Also note that melting after the fact just leaves me with store credit. What I need now is cash in my bank account, not CIG store credit.

Originally Posted By: K6_Scorpion
Congratulations NamelessPFG. You may want to hang on to the Connie for a while. As was mentioned by StrykerPSG, you could melt it and have the credits in reserve, but if you hang on to it until after launch, selling it 'in universe' may yield more credits. It's been mentioned that ships are at a discounted price pre launch and will be more expensive to purchase (with UEC) in game. That's quite a while into the future too, so who knows what will happen before then since everything is a WIP at this point.

Another thing to consider is that that Carrack is larger than the Connie and may be limited to which jump points can be used. The smaller the ship, the more jump points will be available to it. Again, who knows where it'll end up, but that's what has been communicated up to now.

That's the other possibility that struck my mind: the Constellation could go way up in value if the persistent universe turns out to be successful as we're hoping for in a few years, especially considering it has LTI.

As for jump point accessibility, would refitting that Aurora for exploration duty be feasible at all? That's about as small as ships get while still packing a jump drive.