Sokol - as usual, your explanation is fantastic, thank you! I went in, changed 2 wires in my WCS and now I've got 12 working switches in 2 banks with a safe "no button" center setting.

Tirta - I'd agree, but can't seem to get the firmware to update without the USBASP. Once installed in the joystick, Attaching the programmer gets ... interesting. I've tried installing a reset switch connection and flashing using joyloader, but it doesn't connect on any port after I flash mmjoy2. Of course... I'm probably doing something wrong. I've gotten one board to work using joyloader without the USBASP now... but have never gotten one to work after installation in a joystick.

Regarding posts #4054660 and #4055320 I'm also curious about the LED system. So much so that I've ordered some WS2811 compatible LEDs and have started a switch matrix of my own.

Is this fabulous switch box you built just an 8x4 switch matrix at its heart? Push on/Push off switches?
What else have you set it up to do?

From there are you using 2 lines of output for the LEDS... one for the dedicated reds, one for the dedicated greens?

Are you using real red/green LEDs? Why, when the 2811/2812 would let you do that in one LED?
If not, why not use 1 line of output for each switch? Normal background of red, activation color of green?