The files were at OneDrive and the link was here, but it has been lost.

http://1drv.ms/1G2HriK

140 is now so old and superseded by UAW160 that I will not attempt to replace it, so much of the information in this thread is redundant

wink Jel

3rd January 2020

The first file that you need is the "140basicRV1" which is a 7 zip self installer.

It can be run anywhere on your PC and it will create a fully working folder named "140basicRV1".

The only thing you need to add before launching is your "eaw.ini" file. I have included mine (myeaw.ini) to rename and try if you do not have one. If you do use mine then edit it so that the entry "VirtualCockpit=1" appears in the first section. If you leave it as "VirtualCockpit=0" you will not see the cockpit needles.

After installing you need to test it, and to do so you need to run the "DirSetExeManagerV5" and choose the exe, the "DefaultEAW" theatre and the planeset (1). EAW140 will CTD if no planeset is selected. At this stage none of the other theatres would have been installed. You do have a choice of exes for either the new map or the old.

[Linked Image]

Then you should be able to fly smile

On my Win 7 PC i need to use the "d3dwindower" program to avoid garbled maps for single mission selection.

Once it is working you can download the five other theatres. Again they are 7-zip self installers, but this time each one must be run in your "140basicRV1" folder.

wink Jel

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly