Originally Posted By: K6_Scorpion
It's been mentioned that ships are at a discounted price pre launch and will be more expensive to purchase (with UEC) in game.

Great point! I hadn't seen or thought of that issue. I guess unless you were credit starved for the next big release, then hanging onto it could yield much higher rewards. I like the idea.

Originally Posted By: K6_Scorpion
Another thing to consider is that that Carrack is larger than the Connie and may be limited to which jump points can be used. The smaller the ship, the more jump points will be available to it. Again, who knows where it'll end up, but that's what has been communicated up to now.

Another great point I hadn't considered when I melted my Connie in favor of my Redeemer, though I guess the Redeemer is smaller than the Carrick, so I could convert it to a nicely armed explorer craft, based on the modularity theme being pushed.

Thanks for bringing all of that up K6_Scorpion. I'm just grateful there is a melting capability with no loss of credit. Makes rolling the dice easier on the wallet in the end.

Matt

Laptop:
Alienware M17 R3
i7-6820MQ
32 GB DDR3 1600Mhz memory, Win10 Pro 64 bit, DX11,
24GB GTX 980M video
Alienware Graphics Amplifier w GTX 1080 Strix Edition 8GB
A-10 Warthog HOTAS Joystick w/ Pedals