Originally Posted By: Hauksbee
Originally Posted By: Nefaro
Chasing down a large flight of 2-seaters looking to do some gardening behind our lines.

Now THAT took some work! Another of those 'bullet sponges' that just won't go down...and pass-after-pass with no response and you figure the rear gunner's dead, and then, no, there's still another sting left in the tail. Am I right thinking those are blood spatters on your goggles? A little time in hospital?

Yep!

They got me around their second or third burst. Despite doing my best to stay underneath, in the blind spot of his tail. It was extremely hairy what with the expert marksmen in the observer seats and all the fire I took.

My poor Pup was all shot up when I got home. Spent a week recovering. But I got him worse in the end! Brought him down only a field over from my home 'drome so I brought back more trophies than just the bullet he gave me.

Edit: The rest of my flight were either killed or wounded, taking on those six DFWs from behind. I'm just glad my target went evasive and got separated from the rest of his pack or I'd probably be dead from the others.

Last edited by Nefaro; 12/03/14 08:24 PM.

(For Tech Reference)
i7-4770k Intel Processor @3.5Ghz, 16GB System RAM, GTX760 2GB video, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD (with Win7-64 on it).