Originally Posted By: Hellshade
THX-1138 - You might be interested in the Devs Comments section of the official website to learn more about it.

http://www.wingsoverflandersfields.com/Features-Dev.html

And the AI features are always an interesting read. No "roll of the dice" for the AI to decide what to do next. It actually adds up the factors to determine what it's next move is.

http://www.wingsoverflandersfields.com/Features-AI.html

The AI in WOFF is a major reason I enjoy it (along with the excellent dynamic campaign).

The AI pilots just seem to have a much wider range of dogfight maneuver options in WOFF. The ones with a higher rating experience are also less predictable and make less mistakes, as it should be.

You don't see them flying in a constant flat turn after getting on their tail, and they will try to run for home if their plane gets damaged enough, or they are wounded. There are few Terminators flying the campaign skies.

Mix in the fact that the historical aces for all the squadrons/jastas can be encountered, many with their appropriate aircraft skin on display (especially with the add-on skin pack), you get a much more engaging experience against AI pilots. I've been damaged and forced into a field by Richthofen and his Circus, narrowly missing a telephone pole on the beleaguered landing. Bounced by Raoul Lufbery and his flight from the Escadrille Lafayette whilst trying to get home after a previous dogfight. All kinds of interesting encounters, and none of them being randomly generated just outside of view range as I fly.

thumbsup

Edit: Just be aware that new adoptees need an up-to-date and fairly quick processor because there is a LOT of activity being run in the campaign mission background, with all the flights in your region being modelled and going about their business. Since the people on these boards are generally flight simmers, I expect that to be the case since sims usually require some capable hardware.

Last edited by Nefaro; 12/02/14 10:27 PM.

(For Tech Reference)
i7-4770k Intel Processor @3.5Ghz, 16GB System RAM, GTX760 2GB video, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD (with Win7-64 on it).