Originally Posted By: busdriver
Originally Posted By: manitouguy
what is distance factor? and what to you guys set it at?

Well based upon my testing, increasing the distance factor makes more "stuff" show up depending on the Labels you have called up. I tried something like 3 or 4 and when I had Identity called up I could see nothing but endless text of airfields, army bases, observation balloons SMOTHERING the horizon. With Distance factor at 1 it appears that these facilities show up right at 4.3NM. So a little goes a long way, so to speak. I leave it at 1.

I on the other hand have dots set to 12000. It's my crutch to my younger days when I could get a tally a long way out.

Yep. The Distance Factor increases the three ID Levels' ranges.

You can see those first three ranges change in the Workshop as you use the up/down arrows on the Distance Factor. I believe the first range is the distance where the labels change to Full ID, the middle is where it switches to friendly/enemy, and the third is how far away the unknown label first pops up.

The fourth distance is the manual entry field relating to how far away Dots will show up, of course. This one is unaffected by the Distance Factor setting; you must enter it yourself. The first three are all controlled by Distance Factor, so they're tied together.

(For Tech Reference)
i7-4770k Intel Processor @3.5Ghz, 16GB System RAM, GTX760 2GB video, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD (with Win7-64 on it).