WM thank you for your superb efforts. I apologize for my use of AF fighter pilot slang. My "bogey gathering" turn was simply a steady rate right hand turn at 10-20 degrees of bank maintaining altitude and airspeed...nothing evasive, no changing G loads. That's simply a description of what happens if one blindly turns...the unseen bogey will eventually show up on the inside of your turn.

On the particular sortie, the Observer/Gunner had rotated the guns to the forward hemisphere as our flight merged with the enemy. My reaction was..."Sweet...he wants to kill something." So I simply leveled off and went into a gentle turn. I was intentionally providing a stable platform for my gunner. I watched over my shoulder as an Albatros arced inside my turn circle, the bandit opened fire but the rounds were behind us, the bandit continued to close shooting intermittently before killing us. I had the HUD displayed and my Gunner never fired a shot. We completed at least 360 degrees of turn from the time the bandit appeared a couple hundred yards behind us.

In the workshop I had set rear gunner to most accurate (or whatever it's called).

Afterwards I flew three QC sorties using the BrisFit versus various airplanes. In my small sample, my Gunner rarely fired when I provided him a stable platform...until I turned on the autopilot with a bandit in our rear hemisphere and then there was a high rate of fire whilst the autopilot was throwing the airplane all over the sky.

Again my remarks should not be taken as coming from a petulant teenager, simply a simmer looking for some insight (like a key command I may have overlooked, or an experience factor based on sortie count). I appreciate this may be too hard to do, a limitation of the code. No worries.

HTH