Hey guys

I’ve seen a couple of nice simpit builds in this thread, so here goes for my first post on the forum.

Here the requirements that had to be considered for the build:
1) The room it had to fit in didn’t have the space to accommodate an additional large ‘furniture‘ and the PC had to double as a normal desktop PC
2) Using a chair with a swivel on wheels didn't work so well with the IR head tracker because it did not offer enough stability when using all of the six available tracking axis, so a stable chair was considered important
3) Maximum felt accuracy on the stick for WW2 simms

Here's what I came up with:

To increase the felt accuracy I went with a 20cm extension and then mounted the stick on a center mount in front of the seat.
The centering mechanism is still strong enough in this length, however I do not recommend to go beyond. Sahaj has done an nice job on the extension tube, and the included 5 pin cable fits perfectly.

The whole installation was placed at the side of the existing desk, and the cables were arranged so that the monitors and keyboard can be moved between the sim and desktop configuration in a couple of seconds
I’m quite happy with this. Not only has the accuracy of flying and head tracking improved quite a bit, it also stopped the ache in the shoulder that I got on a regular basis when the stick and throttle were still placed on the desk at a wrong height. I hope you enjoy the attached pictures, have fun.

Last edited by dan_VSG1; 11/19/14 05:33 PM.