Greetings,
This is my first post and I thought I'd start with a wish. 'Tis the season.
Picking up on OldHat's idea, I'd like the health to gradually decrease once injured to simulate loss of blood. You could then actually bring your machine back home and die after landing. I would also like to see what my injuries are when reading the report from the hospital. Doesn't need to be accurate, just so it matches the amount of time of recovery needed, which we already get. It would be nice to know if I was hit in my arm, my leg or my butt. Something to tell my virtual grandchildren after the war. Now, going back to getting hit. I'm sometimes disappointed that all my fuel is automatically lost when my tank is hit. I'm glad the tank didn't explode, but I wish that sometimes there was some fuel left at the bottom of the tank - a random amount to simulate the tank being hit on the side and not always on the bottom.
Also, when transferring to the new unit I would like to actually be able to fly to the new base on my own instead of getting the message that I'm at the new base. I think it would be cool to navigate to this new aerodrome, getting bounced by the enemy and having to go back to my old base due to damage and retry the mission again the next day. Maybe this time with some buddies in case the enemy shows up again. Once at the new base the first mission should be a mandatory navigation mission. Speaking of navigation, the flight leader always gets you to the right waypoint no matter what. I'd like to see them sometimes, on rare occasion, get lost - perhaps in bad weather. Bomb the wrong target, take photos of the wrong area, protect the wrong balloon - things that would fail the mission due to "human" error.
Anyways, enough of wishing except one more: WOFF 2.0 under the tree.
Cheers!

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."