Originally Posted By: Blade_RJ
I always believed becouse if would be too heavy and big when prone, also being bigger mass more damage, so if you single shot, you dont need as many ? i've seen the damage 7.62 does on someone pretty close and i'm not even in a war zone

Well... Rhodesia was just about the only war where guys with battle rifles actually were effective on full auto (barely), but the average shootout distance there was about 25 feet. And contacts were short... probably 99% of them lasted less than 5 seconds. Getting prone just didn't happen much. That's very unlike most warzone contacts.

Much more normal is to put battle rifles on semi, use 20rd mags so its lighter, you can go prone, and the mag pouches don't bash you in the chin AND yer ballz. You'd carry perhaps 4 to 5 20rd mags...and it would weigh a lot. Ya can't carry as much 7.62N...its literally double the weight of 5.56mm.

But yea, its true 762 is devastating. I bet you would see some of that in Brazil. Imbel made decent FAL's... do they still make those?

POLITICS, WAR, ECONOMY, CONTROVERSY! and other heated discussions and debates in the PWEC sub-forum at the bottom of this forum main page. See you there!