There was a decent spread in the theatre I saw it- but the funny thing is, the audience reaction just didn't seem that connected it. The parts that were supposed to be funny no one was really laughing or anything.

There's not even that much tank vs. tank combat. It's difficult making a film that is centered around a tank, that's just a hard story to convey. Buttoned up doing nothing in such a cramped environment for a long time would not make for a good movie. So a lot of the story actually is the drama outside of the tank or when the crew is sitting around chatting and you get Brad Pitt's influence and perspective. It requires a strong character performance, which you got in places, but somehow it wasn't tied together good by the actual violence. Somehow it lacked something compelling.

Based on the trailer, I was hoping that it wasn't going to be a lone tank takes on the world, it was sort of not like that and sort of like that. I wrote in my spoiler tag why I thought the final act was anti-climatic and took away from the film a bit.