Originally Posted By: Aero
Something possibly worth pointing out (and I apologize if this is stating the obvious), because there was some confusion about this, and I was doing it wrong for a while based upon false information.

The "correct" procedure is to jump into an unknown system, activate your discovery scanner (the one bound to a weapon slot), and this will identify all of the celestial bodies in the system (or, perhaps in range of the scanner... not sure on that). Then, you fly around scanning the 'celestial objects' your discovery scanner located, and sell that information.

Is what you're saying, Decaon, that the information you collect using the Discovery sensor is more valuable if you do not individually scan the objects?

I can see how this would make sense, in a broken way, since the Discovery Scanner is a specialized piece of equipment.

Yes, at the moment you get more money from NOT scanning each object individually. Doing so seems to overwrite the previous data. I think it's bugged more than anything else.

It's all academic anyway just now. The Universal Cartographer module seems to have been broken by the last patch.