Have been using and loving my Obutto R3volution pit now for a while but have decided that since prop fighter sims are my main passion and we are in a bit of a prop sim renaissance at the moment (software-wise), that the time had come for a major investment.

After squirreling money away for three years, and with no domestic emergencies requiring the funds in the mean time, I ordered a SpitSim set of flight controls a few months back after spending some weeks spit balling with the designer about some custom work. It's not here yet, and the waiting has just gotten harder since some progress pics have shown up:

The controls are designed and built by Jon Fellows, and are repro Spitfire but I've had some extra switches added, a mix of period Air Ministry stuff for aircraft systems and some modern stuff for sim interface functions (pause, ext views, etc).

The seat is adjustable fore and aft.

The spade grip has some additional stuff for the thumb, a 4-way hat and small push button:

The original SpitSim controls used linear pots but mine is the first to use Hall sensors instead.

On the right side, aft of the landing gear control is a switch panel based on the Spitfire's IFF panel, two push buttons that are shielded for stuff like canopy jettison/bailout, a 3-position toggle switch mounted fore and aft for open/close canopy, and a guarded toggle switch for emergency gear lowering (the real system was a lever that allowed compressed air to flow from a small tank - just aft of the blue circle in the pic below):

Under the power quadrant and trim wheel on the left is a 5-switch panel for various stuff, battery/generator/fuel pump, etc.

There will also be a desk-like frame ahead of the controls with a larger switch panel on each side with a gap between to fit a 19" touchscreen secondary monitor, for instruments or whatever I want to look at. My current primary monitor is a 55" TV on the wall ahead. The desk and forward panels are still being built.

Here's a sketch of the desk concept:

Switches are based on a combination of the Spit and Hurri cockpit panel and include:

...Back to waiting....patiently waiting... for the SpitSim...and the folks from the asylum... It's a race to get here first...

Cheers!

jocko-

417 RCAF