I think that war games in general do glorify war to some extent. Just the same as the old ballads and epics did. Fighting seems to be part of the human condition. Historically we have glorified the warriors in most cultures. Young boys seem to have a militaristic/warrior streak in them as others have pointed out. Give them a stick and they are knight. Playing at war comes natural to them. Computer games just reflect that basic predisposition and up-the-ante with a technological improvement on the stick or board game. I think that like most technology it can be problematic because the technology advances so fast that we humans can't keep up or adjust fast enough. Some young people can be overwhelmed by the experience. Those who have some mental issue or weakness can be adversely affected. So do we limit it for all because of some ? I don't think so. But it is a troubling issue.

I can't play a lot of games because it causes troubled sleep and dreams.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.