Originally Posted By: Clydewinder
Originally Posted By: Raw Kryptonite
Kids have been playing "army", "cowboys and indians", "pirates", "King Arthur and swords" and all of that for hundreds of years. The difference now is the graphical aspect of games, but some would argue acting out the roleplaying like kids did a lot more of before video games is just as bad.
As long as there are kids, there will be war games of some sort.

Exactly. Does building a block fort for plastic army men glorify war? He's got a lever-action cap gun, does that glorify violence? We've built some model fighter planes and battleships together, is that war-mongering? I think not.

I let my son ( 2nd grade ) play a bunch of different games on the computer and an old X-Box... I draw the line at blood and coarse language. If there is a "blood/gore on/off" option it goes to off, and if the game contains anything more profane than the word "crap" then it's no-go.

I agree with most of your comments.
But I cant help thinking although I have never served in the military.
Why have I got such an interest in weapons and tactics,
could it be in my youth I played war games, Action man toy soldiers
My father was a war movie/Documentary fanatic
I used to watch them with him.
My point is maybe I was militarised with out even knowing It.
I watched a documentary once about future soldiers
Part of the commentary stated the younger generation were able to adapt to high tech weapons systems a lot Quicker Due to there exposer to computer technology, Hell the American army even created a free Game.
That put You through basic training and It was a pretty good game.