One of my favourite WWI flying books (in fact my favourite) is "Combat Report" by Bill Lambert DFC who flew with 24 squadron from March-October 1918 and was the top-scoring US pilot in the RFC. One thing you realise when reading this book is how good all the pilots of that squadron were. In that time they had 4 pilots KIA and shot down lots of aircraft themselves. Their best was McElroy who once shot down 17 aircraft in one month. Like Mannock (who trained him) he was killed by ground fire.
He amassed the amazing total of MC and TWO bars, DFC and bar. Anyway, I sign on in WOFF for 24 in early 1918 and find 10 pilots who are listed in Lambert's book including him. The only quibble I have is that there is a Sgt pilot listed there and AFAIK the RFC did not have Sergeant pilots at the time. In WWII yes they did.

Oh, and 24 like most squadrons had three flights, not two, commanded by MacDonald, Cowper and McElroy who are all in WOFF. McElroy and Lambert were both in C flight. I have a slight connection with 24 as there was a South African called Southey who flew with Lambert. I worked with a girl called Southey and it turned out she was his granddaughter. Small world.

I can scan in the list of pilots if anyone is interested.

LG 27" 27mp65 monitor; EVGA GTX970 GPU; AMD Ryzen 3500 CPU; Corsair 750w PSU; MSI X470 mobo

RAF 1966-73 Cpl Engine Fitter (Retd.) Trenchard brat 206th Entry
DBA and systems programmer 1981-2005. Now retired since 2014