Originally Posted By: Hellshade

And I would even be okay with that, but the problem (in my personal opinion) is you end up with skies in 1917 and 1918 that are quite empty of historical Aces, because most of them have probably been shot down by enemy AI fighters, blown up by flak, crashed due to mechanical failures, etc. They die long before you get the chance to meet them. I'm not sure which would be more frustrating...killing the same Ace several times and he keeps coming back or never getting to meet any in the skies at all because they all died due to AI fights you were never a part of.

Does anyone remember a once fairly famous sim called Red Baron II? I do believe you could permanently down an ace and also loose aces from your own squadron, - did this seem like a major flaw to those you who played it?

There is a 'player cannot die' option. I for one would never use this! But because it is an OPTION which I can choose to use or not I have absolutely no objection to it at all. The 'HA can die' option would add to this wonderful sim by giving a player more choice of how to play it.

Last edited by JamesL; 01/30/14 08:51 PM.