Originally Posted By: Bucksnort
Originally Posted By: yaan98
[quote=JamesL]But I still would perfer historical accuracy of death, so is there any possibility to accomplish both???

That's why I wished for a Yes/No button to let each player decide. If its more realistic for some players that Aces live then they can choose "No" but when I saw Wintgens go down with no wings and on fire the following fights became "make believe" for me. And I hadn't thought about it, but I wouldn't want to join Jasta 11 now as it would be a squad full of Terminators that can't die and the fights wouldn't matter. Also, wouldn't want to fly against them for the same reason (it would be Wintgens x 10). Like Karnak said, for me Aces should be highly skilled, not superhuman androids.

I don't see how you can have what you ask for and have historical accuracy too. It's either one or the other.
The Devs focus is on historical accuracy. I think we are expected to keep in mind that the aces die only when it is time for them. It is after all a sim and not he realy world. I for one enjhy the opportunity to encounter them again. It's not realistic but it is fun for me. If I had a button to choose they die when I down them, I'm afraid I would probably wipe out all the aces in a Jasta over a short time and then the fun would stop(at least for me).

I'm not against your suggestion, just expressing that it wouldn't impact me.

My suggestion would be to fix it that when ever an ace is shot down before his time he always goes down safely.

I say this IMHO.

Best Regards;

Last edited by Robert_Wiggins; 01/26/14 01:28 PM.

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4