Originally Posted By: Wodin
One of my game design ideas is for a grand tactical WW1 air warfare game..combat along the lines of a Wings of War tabletop game but using a physics engine if anyone had played DarkWind then something like that Car Combat but in the air and a z axis, another great point about that system is that the actual pilot skill will really count on how well the plane performs over how good you are at choosing the right move for them. I'd then have a large RPG element managing squadrons (even just concentrate on one Squadron) deal with moral issues, replacements, Corps Orders, awards, burials, Visits by Trenchard or the kaiser, assign aircraft, manage ground crew, send out laison to the Infantry, choose who to be a front line observer, see squadron Doctors reports to keep an eye out on your pilots and their mind state, arrange leave, move airfields manage airfield condition esp if after a bomb raid you'd have to get the repair teams out which could then mean that one of the plane sin the next flight was serviced good enough and has a higher risk of developing a fault etc etc.

Dark Wind was a lot of fun. I had what was probably one of my best gut-wrenching laughs in a multiplayer game when I did some crazy quadruple-flip airborne crash in one of the death races, which ended up creating a massive car pileup. Such a fun turn-based game and I would love to see something similar for air combat done.

I wasn't terribly happy with the browser-based side of gang mangement. The interface there was rather clunky and I recall having a helluva time trying to figure out how to loot weapons & equipment off of the raiders we killed in a wasteland patrol. Still, it's better for having the persistent MMO style stuff even if the interface could be a pain.

(For Tech Reference)
i7-4770k Intel Processor @3.5Ghz, 16GB System RAM, GTX760 2GB video, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD (with Win7-64 on it).