Originally Posted By: andqui
I would like to request the following changes to the debriefing/claims process. Right now, you get too much information, and it takes away the uncertainty and immersion to see that you did shoot that guy down in the debriefing even though you didn't see him crash.

1. Claims should not automatically be "assigned" to the player, if that makes sense. Instead, every debriefing should ask "Do you want to submit a claim", or have somewhere to indicate that you have claims that you would like to make. This should be after every mission, no matter what happened during it or if the game detected a victory by the player or not. The player then fills out his claim for whatever they believed they accomplished during the mission. If the player files a claim but the game did not register a kill, the probability of confirmation is very very low. As it is now, the "claims" page tells you exactly how many kills you really have, when it should really be left up to the player to decide if they scored a kill or not.

2. Claims should not be so specific in the aircraft types. Without labels, it's pretty much impossible to tell if you shot down an Se5a or an Se5a Viper. The claims possible should be based on what it is possible to visually ascertain during combat, such as "one seater", "two seater", "Albatros", "SPAD", "Nieuport", "Pfalz", "Camel", "Se5", "Strutter", etc. Then, after confirmation, the game would sometimes fill in the aircraft type details like it currently does with the pilot name and enemy squadron.

3. You should not be able to see the exact number of bullet hits you have. That is information that would be unavailable to the real pilots. You should be able to see your number of bullets expended, and maybe the ratio of bullets per kill, but not overall hit accuracy.

I hope these changes wouldn't be too difficult to implement and that they are worth consideration. In my recent campaign I've had to "stop myself" from filling out a claim form because I didn't really see the enemy crash, or know he crashed until the debriefing told me I had X number of claims to fill out.

thanks

+1