Originally Posted By: - Ice
Originally Posted By: Attackmack

Slowely im coming to terms with being forced into BMS. And its not like i dislike bms, it does seem superior in every way, It just seems so daunting! Like starting over again...

Oh well...Theres not much else to do now.
TrackIR is on the "get" list for next month!

Lol, once you get a few flights in, you'll wonder why you even bothered resisting!! wink Might even be a good idea to hold off BMS until after you get the TIR... the fully-working 6DoF clickable pit should be amazing after AF.

As for "starting over again," if you've played AF for some time, it shouldn't be too hard to adapt to BMS. Just a few changes to how some things are done, but I would say that if you are capable of playing a campaign in AF (and make good progress in it), you have maybe 80% of what you need to know. Surely, the core things such as A-A fighting, A-G searching, and most of weapons employment CCIP/CCRP stay the same, if not 99.99% so.

Good luck!

Yeah I hope so, its just that BMS seems to require way much more understanding for…everything….then AF ever did.
I can't say Ive played a lot of AF, certainly not compared to you guys here, and as far as I have played have been far from successful.
But in AF i felt I could play a campaign even if I'm not very knowledgable about air tactics, munitions, strategies and the finer details of what the aircrafts systems can and can't do.
In bms, i feel out of place flipping a switch not knowing in detail what it does and why its flipped.
I guess this is the charm of it all, but it also requires time that i don't really have at the moment.

In any case, since I'm an impulsive nutcase I ordered TrackIR tonight and should expect it before next weekend.
From time to time I do invest a lot of time in flightsims, and racing sims aswell so I'm confident this will turn out to be a good purchase.
It'll be a christmaspresent to myself and a good way to start the new year =)
Looking forward to next weekend!