Hey guys. I have a quick question.

I've completed six missions in the Georgian Hammer with CA campaign, and on the last one, I was tasked with interdicting a BMP column. When I got to the IP, I checked in with JTAC, and did their thing, dishing out coordinates and whatnot. They requested CBU-97's on a final attack heading of 085 270, then told me to egress East to Towel (the IP). I input the coordinates with no problems, then made a pass over the target in CCRP mode, and dropped a single CBU-97. During my pass, however, I was hit by AAA in my right wing, and my right-side generator was disabled. Fortunately, one pass was all I needed, and I turned for home after disabling the BMP's.

My question, which is actually two, are these:

1. When they say, "Final attack heading 085 270," does that mean, my inbound run into the target should be on a heading of 085, since in this case, it brought me directly over several enemy air defenses, or does that mean that my inbound run should be somewhere between 085 and 270 degrees?

2. If both headings are headings that I should fly (I assume 085 would be inbound, and 270 should be outbound once my bomb is dropped), then there are three contradictions here... First, 270 is due west, but, second, the JTAC tells me to egress EAST to Towel, and third, Towel is neither East nor West of the target, but about four or five NM SOUTH (I'm estimating those distances, since I don't have the mission planner map in front of me ATM).

What gives here? I'm confused out of my mind, and I really feel guilty about bringing home an aircraft full of holes, only to get yelled at by my virtual crew chief and CO banghead

As always, any help is greatly appreciated!!

Last edited by Jetguy06; 12/16/13 11:32 PM.

"A thousand flights mean a thousand landings. Somehow you always have to come down, one way or another. And then one day it will be for the last time."

Heinz Knoke