Hi

My system (see specs below), a two-year old custom build is suddently having boot issues. When I try to boot, the CPU red light on the Mobo will come on, fans will start, HDDs and DVD Drive start to spin, but then nothing. No signlal to the screen, no beeps, nothing, not even a BSOD.

I can usually manage to get it to start after a few attempts. Some days it will boot on the first try. The problem started a while ago when the computer wouldn't wake up from sleep mode. When trying to get out of sleep, the computer would just shut down (fans stopping, all lights off, cold and dark) but (and that's the weird part) when I booted it up again, all active windows were still open.

I first asumed my aging system HDD was to blame, so I changed it, but it didn't fix anything.

When the system does run, it runs without a hitch, with no apparent hardware of software issues. I am able to access all functionalities and put stress on the the GPU and RAM with resources-hungry programs (running FSX and ArmA3 for several hours at a time)

What do you guys think ? Anyone experienced it before ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Nico

"Et s'il ne pleure personne, que Dieu nous le pardonne "

ArmA2/OA - RoF - FSX

ASUS P8P67 Pro Motherboard - Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz - 8Gb G-Skill DDR3 1866Mhz - Gainward GTX660 Ti Phantom II - Win7 Ultimate 64bits - Saitek av8r