Thank ICE,

no I have been on a virtual squadron until 2005 then due to personal life I have to drop and stop Falcon until 2009. Now due to a bad internet connection I am forced to fly locally. I miss the internet flight with humans.

In any case when I was in that virtual squadron there were nice people and really passionate virtual pilots but they didn't have any knowledge about aviation even civil aviation and finally around 2003 and 2004 the main charge were taken by people who were looking to feed the power ego and they were on a power trip. The course were doing was about how to learn to use the F-16 Avionics when in reality they should start from basic airmanship. They could not even say why they were landing low on speed or overunning. One day when I was doing the aerobraking just after touchdown one of them told me to place the nose down at least 3 or 4 time or I was exceeding the runway. I have just read the day before the Bonanni F-4 guide so the aerobraking was explained so I just disregard like if I could not hear.

One day, I was clearly too fast and too long after touchdown so I didn't want ot experience another overrun and I gave power and performed a go-around . Second VFR circuit and this time I watched better the speed and landed right.

One of the leader after the landing asked me with a bit of disrespect what was the reason to make that move, he told me: what was it ? An aerobatic maneuver ? (We were trying to perform aerobatics to resemble the thunderbids. A truly too optimistic plan, taking into account our skills and the Falcon SP3 internet connection system , that had some lag. After a while we drop the idea!)

I forgave him: he was a lawyer. So may be he didn't know what a go-around procedure is all about.

But as you may see, I am not a military pilot. I am not here to impose anything to anyone, I just share a system that basically resemble the real military training system. They don't start to fly F-16 or F-15, they start from basic aircrafts and they move-up, and even with this system some don't achieve the minimum standard.

Viceversa, in this squadron I was enrolled, anybody joining them was immediately place on an F-16 and explained HSD, Radar, HUD and so on so on. How can it work if the guy don't know why an aircraft fly and what is an aileron or a rudder?

One day, the responsible made one fo his marvellous mission and I had to make a strike. I was heavy and with small tankers. So at a certain moment, after abusing the after burner, I had to look for the tanker and try to get it. I was not aware like today, where I know how to manage the fuel and calculate the fuel consumption (We didn't have the F-16 flight maual like today too), so I had to catch this tanker because this genius place the holding pattern of the tanker with legs of 50 Nm. SO I was forced with 900 lbs to reach the first ARIP and then look for the ARCP that it was 50 nm at 20.000 ft when I had to save fuel. Conclusion. dead stick land on a near alternate with some laughs of the others. Normally the holding is not longer than 20 Nm with 10-15 nm as a normal holding leg, unfortunately he didn't consider those values good for him.

One day, I did a saturday mission after not flying F-4 for about 2 months. I was number 4, the genius just place the aircraft on route. The others rejoin, I didn't and I struggle because with MIL power I could not catch up. He didn't know what an arcing rejoin was or what to reduce the speed and once everybody is in position accelerate to navigation speed.

So When a couple of Mig-29 I finally arrive to them but once in the fuball since he was not able to manage the formation, I didn't know air brevity code like them. I locked and fired. I finally shot him down. That was the 2nd or third time. Since he was the boss of the squadron one night he threated me, he wss thinking about a suspension if it was happening again, and to pay attention. May be if he was going to learn how to lead we could avoid it, since we were basically unable to defeat an A-22 once they were firing at us. Funny part it is that one night they made a mission about how to learn to defeat the air to air missile (They didn't know a bloody tactics but they were making the teachers). I was the only one to survive just because without realizing I used the M.R.A. definitions and applied to the AGM-54s they were firing from the F-14 (If they were going to get closer they were scared to be kicked dwon!). I survived just because I was lucky, I did the right thing but I didn't know what I was doing. Pure luck! My wingman was shot down.

But his power trip was making him think we were the fools. In fact after a while many moced out of the squadrons.

So it is up to the virtual pilots but if you learn something you may enjoy better the simulator and avoid this creepy stories ahahah.

Last edited by Gigolety; 09/16/13 09:42 PM.

I speak many languages one of them is cesky