Originally Posted By: milan_croatia
Are you shure you didn't have trouble like that with other equipment before ?

I know of such problem...it is reported...but I didn't found a solution yet.

What I was told is that windows is stupid enough so every new controler you hook is going to get ID 1.

Especialy a problem if you already have your old pedals pluged - and then you unplug them and plug mine...what happens it that windows move all controller ID-s....and then for some reason force a new controller ID to 1. That's what I've been reported.

Most notably...controller is from Ukraina and used in BRD pedals over two years...so I didn't consider a firmware bug at all.

I've seen some Hacks to overcome this for WinXP, but none for Win7.

One thing that is also is important how simulator , or a game assign controller. If a game assign controller by ID ( Rise of flight, Il2, Il2 COD...) then you have to reasign all controls.

FSX don't have such problem,,,and I've been told DCS don't have that problem either.

So, This is important now :
If you can please check if unplugging and plugging other game devices couse a same behaviour or not
Everyone can make such check by plugging some old stick, pedals or something and then unplugg again.

Owners of MFG crosswind can make a comparison of behaviour of other hardware and MFG crosswind too.

It's important to me to determine if there is a bug in firmware of controller forcing it to take game controller ID 1 assignment in windows...so I can push our Ukrainian producer to make a change of that behaviour...Now he is telling me that it's up to windows to assign ID's.

Hopefully we will find a solution to this together.

Milan

Milan,

Thanks as always for your quick feedback! It appears it was the recent DCS update that wiped my controls (frustrating, but clearly not your fault!).

-I confirm FSX works fine, maintaining all controls

-Rise of Flight has the same issue switching back to Saitek pedals, so you were right.. I've also seen this behavior before with games based on the Unity Engine (namely Kerbal Space Program). The fix should be relatively simply though: Look at my existing profile, and write down which Device number is assigned to what axis, and plug them in in reverse order. Example, If joystick axis (Pitch/Roll) are assigned to device 1, and throttle to device 2, plug in Device 2 followed by Device 1, and the assignments will line up again.

-Saints Row however, is still an outstanding issue. If I have all my standing controllers (CH Fighterstick, CH Pro THrottle, CH Throttle Quad, Track IR), the Xbox 360 controller, and the Saitek pedals plugged in, the game works fine: taking inputs from the 360 controller. However, if I un-lug the Saitek pedals and plug in the crosswinds, the game appears to listen to that device as opposed to the 360 controller. Note, I purposely plugged in the Xbox controller first, THEN the Saitek pedals, to see if SR4 was simply defaulting to Device ID 1. It still worked, which means it is 'smart' enough to sniff out the 360 controller. Of note, Windows also fully recognizes my Xbox 360 Controller as such (as opposed to a generic controller).

I'm going to try the Device ID fix for Rise of Flight. If that doesn't work, I would think there might indeed be a firmware issue.

Last edited by AggressorBLUE; 08/30/13 06:03 PM.

My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro biggrin
Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION