If it came out before 2010, that makes it old enough not to be current, hence my limit.

Quote:
Dark Horizon 2008
Space Force Rogue Universe 2007
Parkan 2...even had boarding and fps action inside the ships can't even find the date, appears to be around a decade
Freespace 2 is still going strong, and the BSG mod is amazing, just not complete same year as XWA, both are old enough I consider them first gen, mods don't make it current
Black Prophecy (MMO, shut down now for US AFAIK)as I said, MMOs don't count

So your list of "plenty" consists of games that are on average 10 years old or more with only one released in the last 5 years? Maybe you're having trouble keeping your head above water in this veritable flood, but I find my ankles are still dry.

On top of that, despite the fact that I've been online and PC gaming since 1991 I never heard of the first 3 on your list, showing just how popular and market-defining they were.

I mean, although I never wanted to play them, I've at least heard of EVE Online, BC3000, the X Universe games, and the SW MMO space combat ones.

I want a game like Wing Commander or X Wing/TIE Fighter, that's all. The X games I tried and instantly dumped because the world was TOO open. It's like the space equivalent of Skyrim where all you have are the radiant quests and places to see, no main storyline to pull you in. Does that limit replayability? Sure, to a degree, but in that way it's no different than the story campaigns in any RTS or FPS.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter