I'm looking to get a joystick/throttle control, TrackIr 5, and rudder pedals, but I don't know what the best choices are. My present joystick is wearing out. It is a 3 axis unit and I believe pedals and TrackIr are now essential.

The biggest question seems to be which stick:
1- Thrusmaster Warthog. Well rated quality, but is it overkill in terms of features for COD? Put another way is this stick too dedicated for a different sim? And there's the price. Also, does it play nice with Saitek pedals, which I'm planning on getting?
2- Saitek X65 Combat stick. How difficult to program with COD? Is this no-deflection stick reasonable with a WWII sim? Does it make sense to use a no-deflection stick with moveable rudder pedals (yes, I know this is a question that leads to another question, can I rub my head and pat my stomach at the same time. I don't know, but do I really want to?) Then there is the price.
3- Saitek X52 stick. Seems OK, but does it center precisely? Is it as durable as the above sticks. Does it perform as well?

I've read all kinds of reviews, but would prefer to hear from folks who are flying COD, full realism or very close to full realism, at least with complex engine management activated.

Thanks for any advice.