The lucky bloke who was offered to test these reporting in. smile

Here is what I replied to one of the comments over at new IL2:BoS forum:

Quote:
I am currently testing this brand new model vs. my Simped F16, and can tell you that I prefer the MSG Crosswind pedals. They can be set up to represent the spring action on Simpeds (linear stiffness), and at the same time (my and builder's preference) to a more exponential setting (similar to what sim racers do to their brake pedals). This translates into much higher fidelity, as brain memorizes a required force much better than distance. All thanks to different cam profiles and modular lever settings on which the spring is attached to. Simpeds on the the other hand have a very distinct center (more of a bump). Because of this MFG Crosswing pedals allow for a more responsive maneuvers that require fast switching from one side to another. The center is there and you can feel it accurately, but it doesn't feel like crossing over a bump. Pedals will ship with two cam profiles, we are now in the process of selecting the best ones out of five the builder has sent us. I will be forwarding them to two more testers (as of now) once the review is complete.

The toe brakes are a story for themselves, and so is the crazy level or ergonomics which was IMHO Simped's (F16 model at least) biggest flaw. More on that when I put together a YT review and comparison.

In short: these pedals are as good as Simpeds, and then some.