Quote:
Trust me, that this will be THE all time favorite system for all the SAMSIM beginners.

I remembered those Hpasp's words when read this (from a real professional - google translator):

Quote:
Simulators.
The simulator on the Osa-MA gorgeous! I listened attentively to the news. Everybody scream, aircraft shot down, the Georgians idiots, they cannot shoot, it should be only the Ukrainians! To do this you mast learn long time !
#%&*$#! Within two hours preparing any crew on Osa-Ma to perform the firings. (No maintnance, only combat use) Of course, even then you need to train the battalion commander at introductory, in the case of possible failures. Do not believe me? At least, I can cite two recent cases of it.
1. Varyag (Red Ukraine) is going on a visit by South Korea. Somehow the crew was disbanded, there was only a battalion commander. All the others are far from life (do not know a #%&*$#). Out to sea, with a control check before departure. In the post down FRO 36 Vadik Riabinin DRC. He is trying to check the crew, the commander goes mad. Vadim asked me, Valera help. After 40 minutes, the crew worked like clockwork. At this point, the actual target was discovered, a plane that was landing at the airport. The target was locked-on in seconds, no problems with tracking and electronically shooting.
2. And another case is almost just before his retirement. On the flotilla planned shooting, plus came from the IPC Sovgavan. So, as I was then serving in the URAV, iI received an order to test the readiness of the crew. The audit showed, that because the ship were out of fuel and power for six months, there was no crew either. We had to do something. On one of the IASC I gathered experts LTO (unfortunately, they were all graduates of the Faculty of PNI miners, not fools and by the time I taught them a thing or two per year, but no experience of operator's training) and two zrdn's. Planted two officers instead of operators, combat staff - lieutenant out of school, the rest stay behind and started training. Again, after 40 minutes the crew performed all procedures for opening fire on any target. The main thing! There was an example, and the training of operators has begun!

I'm preparing a crew in two hours!

Last edited by piston79; 07/08/13 06:21 PM.