First anyone a clue how I can get onto the Saitek forum? Disabling new user registration is very helpful...

My problem is that I tried to use the latest Saitek driver(Saitek_X52Pro_Flight_Controller_7_0_27_13_x64_Drivers.exe) but that installation simply freezes after a while and #%&*$# the system so hard that I have to use a rest point or else I can't get the system up again.
I also tried the old drivers(Saitek_X52Pro_Flight_Controller_SD6_64.exe) but here it is the same with the exception that this driver seems to install a bit differently and gets the first part over without problem, than it seem to install something about directoutput and that is where it hangs after a while.

I already tried this to clean the system:
1. Unplug your device from the computer

2. Uninstall the drivers

3. Uninstall the SST programming software

4. Delete the Saitek folders from the following paths :
C:\Program Files
C:\Windows\Temp

5. Delete Saitek registry entries:

-Press and hold the Windows key on your keyboard and then press the letter R. This will open the Run box. Type regedit and then click ok.
The Registry Editor will have a list of folders on the left hand side. Go down into the following folders in order by clicking the + next to the folder name.

+HKEY_CURRENT_USER
+System
+CurrentControlSet
+Control
+Media Properties
+Private Properties
+Direct Input

Delete any folder inside the Direct Input folder that begins VID_06A3.

6. Reboot

7. Install the latest drivers and DO NOT PLUG IN YOUR X52 until the install program ASKS you to or you will have to redo this whole process.
But that didn't help.

I than manually tried to get rid of the Saitek crap by uninstalling the drivers manually, also trying to track down the registry entries and deleting them as well, but were I have problems is this file:
C:\Program Files\Saitek\DirectOutput\DirectOutputService.exe
I simply can't erase it and I get the feeling the this exe is the problem of the freezing installations.

Please guys I'm gong nuts, didn't have such silly driver problems since WindowsXP!
Any help cleaning my system of Saitek is very appreciated!

System config:
-Windows 7 SP1 64-Bit
-Intel Core i5 3570K
-ASRock Z77 Extreme4
-G.Skill F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR
-Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition OC
-be quiet! Straight Power E9 CM 480W
-X-Fi Titanium PCI Express
-Seagate Barracuda 7200.14
-Pioneer BDR-207 DBK

Last edited by BigDuke66; 06/27/13 08:10 PM.

"Das Fliegen ist das Leben wert!"