I'm going to look and see if it is as easy as checking a user set option for CRS and draw it on the display. I thought I'd have to calculate these things. While I love aviation I am not a pilot so a lot of these things are new to me so if I'm not understanding please be patient as I learn smile. FlightMap is really helping me learn many things about flight navigation but I'm still trying to figure all this stuff out.

I’m starting to nail down the features that will be in the next release. At this point these are known for sure:
  • Prepare3d support in FlightConnect. This will support all features of FlightMap
  • Added ETA to the adhoc flightplan mode
  • Display of the full GPS flightplan from FSX and P3D when the flightplan is loaded while FlightConnect is running.
  • Simplifications to the launch page

Things I’m working on that may not make it. We’ll see if I can get the performance level to where I need it to be:
  • VOR/NDB’s overlaid on the map
  • All airports FSX knows about in the current region overlaid on the map. This will replace the current airport database.

I have started work on the 7 inch tablet version but I do not yet have hardware in my hand to test against. Rumors are now suggesting a July release of the new Nexus 7 so I’ll be holding off on purchasing one until then. Hopefully by the time I have the hardware in hand I’ll have most of the layout, design, and feature set nailed down. Right now it’s looking like it’ll be such a departure from the 10 inch version that I’ll be doing a separate app. I’ll likely call it “FlightMap 7" and sell it for a dollar less. I may re-brand the current FlightMap to “FlightMap HD”

I hope to have some screenshots of the new features of FlightMap 1.8 soon.

Last edited by L0stS0ul; 06/18/13 09:53 PM.