As you know In my pedals it's a higly adjustable spring. You have a spring tension adjustment and two spring positions...so it's easy to make it weaker or stronger. The thing is with this new realistic cam If you make it weaker for the end of deflection than it would be too loose in the center.

I agree with you that It shouldn't be full realistic at all cost. It's a must to be comfortable for simulation use, and then to be as realistic as it can without decreasing comfort. On many areas I somehow make piece with these two opposing requirements, mostly by making pedals full adjustable. This spring is also like that. I will make it close to realistic, but ty decreasing spring force and putting spring in cam position 1. you can make it more comfortable but still not too loose around center. Then I will also deliver different cam with slight centering feel and also adjustable strenght by means of spring.

This is also a proof of concept that in future I can make full realistic cam and spring for specific plane as an extra cost option and make it cost more than material :-) and earn some money on people who really need this for professional use :-) Such customers can also make their own profile or so If I provide drawing and calculatio base for it. There are a lot of possibilities but I'm focused on general use now.

Edit : I forget to tell you one thing. By streching spring you don't have a linear strenght increase, that is major problem in designing CAM. So cam, besides being asymetric, must have that spring strenght irregularity implemented. If I strech a spring too much it will not return to originating lenght or might get loose with time, so this is also a factor in choosing spring. So it's most difficult on pedals but I'm getting on a goal.

Last edited by milan_croatia; 06/15/13 05:39 PM.