Originally Posted By: ricnunes
Originally Posted By: ePap
Originally Posted By: GrayGhost
Canada cancelled it. ADATS was too expensive and too ineffective. Jack of all trades, master of none.

Originally Posted By: ricnunes
Regarding optical Anti-Air (SAM) systems, one SAM system that I find quite interesting is the Canadian ADATS which is indeed considered a dual purpose system (ADATS - Air Defence Anti-Tank System) and this dual purpose is possible because the missile relies on optical systems (FLIR and Day TV) to guide the missile (which is Laser guided) and of course the missile also carries a warhead capable of defeating armored targets (besides aircraft).

You are so right!!!
That's why my country rejected the offer of used ADATS at lates of1990.
To expensive Antitank system... smile2

According from that I read, the main reason why ADATS was not sold to Greece seemed to be because Canadian government officials demanded that the ADATS exported to Greece could never be transferred to Cyprus. At the time ADATS was considered one of the favourite systems in the Greek program to procure an Air Defence System.
But I also agree that the ADATS cost together with the reason above certainly decide the ADATS "fate" regarding a possible export to Greece.

My dear friend this is not truth.Never ever was the problem of possible transfer of ADA systems to Cuprus.After Jusus there are a lot of prophets...
The reason is that it was evaluated and rejected.Also US rejected.You are talking for the ADATS missile but were not there during firings to see that one third of them hit the ground after lunch and one third missed the drone targets?Do you know that you have to follow the target manually (no auto tracking) and the 15 tons on M113 carrier can hardly move even in plain ground?