I'm glad you like it. You encourage me to finish it sooner :-)

True, there are lot of possibilities with this material and my CNC. However, this material is not suitable for all. I also machine aluminium on my cnc when necessary. But it takes longer and aluminium is more expensive per kilogram. So I can build some aluminium parts on places where I need to reduce thickness of material and retain strenght.

I started with rudder pedals becouse I needed one for myself, and there were no good option to buy one. Simped's stoped production...and they lacked of precision anyway. Cheap ones I didn't want. Only reasonable option was a russian VKB or BRD. Those I truly admire. They build solid and sturdy product. Only thing is the looks, It's too many bolts and nuts all over the place for my taste. I guess it's becouse I produce fine furniture for living and I've been hiding screw's and making products look and feel solid for too long to accept that design :-).

So I built my own, first model just to see how usable this material is. That was probably year and a half ago. While my first try wasn't realy something :-) It gave me many answers. Material is realy sturdy. Doesn't show any sign of fatique even on very thin profiles. It's low wear too. It can't be used for sliding elements as there is too much friction. I sucessfuly machined teflon and polycarbonate for that purposes.

I used this material as a spacer for multiblade machine. I also used it as a plate between saws on multiblade machine. It's still holding after one year, and that machine cuts few thousands meters per shift :-) It only showed clear signs of wear...about few tenths of mm where wood is passing under pressure rollers. And that is not much. Even casted Iron shows signs of wear on that place.

So material is more than suitable and tested for purpose, but only if used properly...right thickness, orientation, machining speeds and feeds etc. That information I will keep for myself :-)

UPDATE to rudder pedals :

I recived few different bearings and definitely decided not to use Y bearings. Just to let you know if you're thinking of using those in your projects they are not suitable for axis as they have too much radial play which is not good. But I'm still gonna leave those bearing for brakes becouse they have other qualities and can be good enough for brakes with proper calibration. It also alow me to use hall sensor for brakes becouse there is no metal near it and it's smaller than magnetoresistor.

I think I have right bearing for main axis too...but I'll tell more after testing. I'll be building new prototype next week and we'll see. There are some small glitches that I'll be sorting in that prototype too.