Product is finished now and ready for preorder...read all final features at page 12

Website is online
http://www.mfg.simundza.com/

Updates 28.01.2013 on Page 18

This below is old info :

Hi all
I think it's finaly time to reveal what I've been working on. So I figure it's best place to start here. I am co-owner of a family furniture production business...and have a nice CNC machine there. Also as a flight sim enthusiast I decided to make some stuff for myself. While designing this new pedals I thought some of you might be interested as well, and it's possible that I'll be selling these too so I tried to design it to be suitable for others.

I present you my first prototype, with many small flaws in CNC machining or design... but just for you to get the idea.

Characteristics are :

- almost all Composite, some small parts machined from aluminium.
- Extremly precise and no lag.
- Contactless sensors and 12 bit resolution on all 3 axes - USB connection
- 15 ball bearings, all industrial components
- adjustable pedals angle from 20 to 53 ˘degree ( up to 63 degree with added extra bottom plate )
- differential brakes with 20 degree angle movement
- different pedal styles - easy to exchange ( only 1 screw)
- CAM and spring centering design with adjustable tension on spring , and also two spring positions for separate adjustment of tension near center and near the end of motion.
- spare CAM with different sliding curve...still in development...but will probably be no center feel and low tension for helicopters.

Intentions are to produce cessna style and combat - F16 style pedals. It is not my intention to integrate force sensing brakes at the moment. It is based on spring tension brakes.

In prototype you can see that I made few mistakes on CNC while making holes, right brake spring is missing, electronics are partly connected as I am still testing some electronics and sensors.

I'm still not happy with cam centering becouse while adjusting spring to get more force centering feel go stronger too, specialy noticable while quick changes from one side to another - I will reduce it. Also, I'm waiting for a few other bearings to come becouse these Y bearing have too much radial play for my taste, maybe i'm a perfectionist but that's the way it is. Also i'm trying to reduce some weight , as at the moment it's built too strong. Pedals weight 5,5 kg and can support over 110 kg on each pedal...unnecessary strong. You can see also that I made baseplate from chipboard..just for testing, later I will make Composite.

Let's say this is 80 % finished design.

Please leave your comment
Milan

[size:8pt][/size]

Last edited by milan_croatia; 01/28/14 01:27 AM.