You bring up a good point Master. After having thought about it some more, $110 is not a lot of money. Why?

It all depends on how dumb you are. Now, personally, I am dumb. Why do I say that? Because I have a lot of anecdotal evidence to that fact. Let me enumerate:

Exhibit A:

I played SWG for 17 months. I had 4 accounts. That amounts to $200 for the initial software plus $60 a month for 17 months, or $1020, in subscription fees.

For a game I can no longer play, even if I wanted to.

Exhibit B:

I played WoW for 2 years at launch ($50+24x$15) for a total of $410. I then picked it back up at Cataclysm and bought the game again, and the expansion packs ($20+$20+$20+$50) and played for maybe another 4 months ($60), for a total of $170. My grand total for WoW sits at $580 (not including the cost of my wife playing). I could play again, if I wanted to, but what happens if/when they turn off the servers?

Closing Argument:

I'm dumb. The evidence is there to see.

So $110, for me, shouldn't be a whole lot. It is a one time thing and I can use it whenever I want, LTI, and (presumably) I can even fly it off-line.

But hitting me with a $110 charge now, with an unplayable game, seems like a lot. Plus, I should be older and wiser now.

Last edited by phd_doc; 04/30/13 05:17 PM.