Originally Posted By: Murphy
Originally Posted By: Ziggy Sawdust
As much as I am an admirer of Lennon, respected the man and what he stood for, there is just something desperately WRONG in wanting a world where everything is exactly the same for everybody. Sounds just a little too much like Communism and Stalinist Soviet Russia to me... or am I wrong?

+1, well put, I also liked his music, but couldn't figure out how "We can all live together", in reality, when we're just all still a bunch of mixed up humans. Nice thought. But some will always want to dominate others, if allowed to.
Species problem. Evolutionary IMHO.

I can "Imagine" it, but that's about as far as it will ever go.

Sadly, I must agree. A Utopian fantasy. A nice, wonderful fantasy however. Perhaps one day we will learn, and collectively get our act together. We must, because the 'end game' of our violence will be the end of everything. End of story.

That said, I do not subscribe to fatalism, and nothing is inevitable. This can be stopped if people have the will to do so. Won't be holding my breath, but I remain an Optimist. smile

Last edited by Biggles07; 04/07/13 09:26 PM.

"I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals".

Sir Winston Churchill