Originally Posted By: Samson
Hey TwoSix

Not in a squad, but would be happy to get together with some other UK based flyers for a mission or two. I tried to set up a UK based squad but there wasn't much interest from people helping out in an admin role!

I think a good initial step would be to get a few of us together on a locally hosted or existing server and see where it goes and how much interest there is, unless someone posts with a UK squad I've not heard of, then count me in too!

S

Samson, I think the reason people are holding off atm is because of the very 'transitional' state of DCS atm, IE the bugs-instability and so forth which will hopefully be resolved. Not saying that this is always the case (long time since I went solo online tbh), and it may well be 'better' now, but even the smoke columns are causing crippling FPS loss for a lot of people. I have registered on your site and remain interested, will bump in future and try to get people motivated again once DCS is in better shape?

I'd volunteer to be a 'Santas little helper' type lol, but tbh find the job titles a bit daunting. There seems to be a kind of implication that the person must be an all seeing Guru..which I'm definitely not. What I can do is at least start up, fly and fight and take off-land-navigate at least 'reasonably incompetently' (hehe) in all aircraft in DCS. What I'm definitely not is a walking encyclopaedia on everything DCS, with particularly massive gaps in knowledge RE: KA-50. I'd be more than happy to show people basic things like how to cold start the Shark and others, and how to use weapons and a basic knowledge of different modes etc. What I'm not an expert on is attack helicopter tactical doctrine etc, and the ABRIS sub modes and other things ('other things' being almost everything lol....and the Shark is definitely my weakest in DCS).

Like I say, I'd volunteer some time to at least show absolute beginners how to cold start and take off-use weapons-land-navigate at least at a basic level. I have not flew in a organised way with others in DCS yet, but want to as its far more fun. smile I'll have to brush up on Shark data link usage though, been a long time. I'll try to have a crack tonight and remind myself. smile

Last edited by Biggles07; 04/03/13 04:14 PM.

"I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals".

Sir Winston Churchill