I'm starting a new multiplayer match with Rambler in Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy. The scenario is called "The Mace."

The situation: it's 20 August 1944, 1400 hours. The 1st Polish Armored Division has cut off the Chambois-Vimoutiers road and is now in possession of Mont Ormel ridge. Possession of this ridge allows them a commanding view over the Dive valley, and thus they are blocking the retreat of the German 7th Army from the Falaise Pocket. My forces, from 2nd SS Panzer Division, are tasked with pushing them off the ridge.

Forces: I have an assortment of panzergrenadiers from the Der Führer and Deutschland Regiments, plus armored support from 2nd SS Panzer Regiment and 2nd SS StuG battalion. My briefing states that only the 13th Company from Deutschland, along with a panzer platoon, is ready to attack. They will be reinforced by 14th Company, likely with some armored support, in about 30 minutes. Der Führer currently only has two platoons ready to go, so they will have to wait for more troops from the regiment, along with armored support, before attacking.

As the screenshot below shows, I have some hefty artillery fire on call: 4 x 81mm mortars, 4 x 120mm mortars, and 6x 215mm Nebelwerfer rocket launchers. Also seen here is the tactical map and my objectives:

And the map: as you can see, it's very big and very hilly.

And my forces starting at the beginning of the match. The first shot shows Deutschland's 13th Company and their supporting armor. Many of the rifle squads here are depleted from recent combat:

The platoons from Der Führer. While dismounted, they are in better shape personnel-wise:

The first order of business is to send out some scouts to see where Rambler's stationed his forces. I don't want to just blindly send my troops forward. So, after ensuring weapons and ammo levels are set, it's time to set up the first waypoints. My general plan is to have Der Führer attack towards the North-East slope, while Deutschland will move out towards the Knoll.

First orders for Der Führer:

First moves for Deutschland. I will move the dismounted platoon up cautiously, at this point just trying to see where Rambler is at. The platoon in halftracks and the Panther platoon will wait in cover for now:

And, to top things off, I'm going to use the Nebelwerfers right now, since once the game starts they take a very long time to call in. I'm going to center the bombardment on the area behind the Knoll and hope I hit something good:

And that's it for now! Now I wait for Rambler's first moves...