Originally Posted By: piston79
This is the prove that ground clutters HAS effect on the radiofuse.... Just before "hiting" the range boresight, missile received K3 command to switch on radiofuse, and it detonates, because got a clutter.... The upward movement of the boresight in a constant angle of the antena should lead to a bigger height, so no detonation after K3... I am not 100% sure that there's no bug, but I suggest a closer examination of the 3D AAR...

Your correct piston79 smile. I thought the radio fuse was armed not long after the missile had left the launcher, but what your saying makes much more sense. Against high altitude targets, with the range line set to the bottom of the display, the missiles don't explode because they are being launched at a higher elevation, so by the time the fuse activates (when the sustainer falls of?) the missile is well out of ground clutter.
Against medium altitude targets, the missile is launched at a more shallow angle, so moving the range line to the bottom of the display causes detonation as the missile is in ground clutter.

I've noticed that playing around with the range line while a missile is in flight causes some problems. There seems to be a limited amount of time after which the missile no longer excepts guidance commands and sometimes just disappears.

Originally Posted By: piston79
I've asked such a question long time ago.. wink The answer is in the next version of SA-2 - "Volkhov"... Just switch the 5 km magnification screen... wink

After the Dvina, the Volkhov will be my next system smile

*********I have quite a large collection of Flight, Weapon Systems, Tactical & Supplementary Aircraft Manuals for Jets, Helicopters & some Props, spanning the Vietnam era to present. If you're interested in trading Flight Manuals, mainly for modern military aircraft, send me a PM.*********