Originally Posted By: Wolfhound

b) The missiles appear to detonate at the range line on the elevation and azimuth scopes with the radio fuse ON, if auto-tracking is deselected in range and the range line moved downwards (closer in range than the target). If the range line is move upwards (further in range that the target), the missile will not detonate at the range line, but will pass it and disappear after a few seconds of flight.
Considering the missiles are flying with active radio fuses, their proximity to the ground or a target should cause detonation, not their proximity to the range line.

This is the prove that ground clutters HAS effect on the radiofuse.... Just before "hiting" the range boresight, missile received K3 command to switch on radiofuse, and it detonates, because got a clutter.... The upward movement of the boresight in a constant angle of the antena should lead to a bigger height, so no detonation after K3... I am not 100% sure that there's no bug, but I suggest a closer examination of the 3D AAR...

Originally Posted By: Wolfhound
c) Ground clutter doesn't seem to have an effect on target tracking. Ground clutter can make it more difficult for the user to separate a target from the background, but not the radar. If the user by chance happens to have the elevation, range or azimuth lines on a target deep behind clutter, auto-tracking can begin. Ground clutter also doesn't cause a loss of of auto-tracking (break lock).

I've asked such a question long time ago.. wink The answer is in the next version of SA-2 - "Volkhov"... Just switch the 5 km magnification screen... wink

EDIT:

I did some tests and it really DO HAVE a strange behaviour!

Last edited by piston79; 02/19/13 07:03 PM.