Appreciate the help piston79.

I think the business with the fuse may be a bug, because I have never know for it to have caused a detonation due to ground clutter. Also the 'K' guidance command should still lead the target in azimuth. In all the missile fly-outs with 'K' guidance, the SA-2 flies in a fashion so as to maintain a position at least 4 degree to the right of the radar beam azimuth. Then at end game it tries to swing to the left as show in images 6 & 7 I posted and misses nearly all the time.

The picture you posted of <1 reminds me of terrain bounce jamming. I can't read cyrillic however I feel that the illustrations and your description of a mirror image from the target return may form part of the underlying concept of terrain bounce jamming.

Last edited by Wolfhound; 02/18/13 01:45 PM.

*********I have quite a large collection of Flight, Weapon Systems, Tactical & Supplementary Aircraft Manuals for Jets, Helicopters & some Props, spanning the Vietnam era to present. If you're interested in trading Flight Manuals, mainly for modern military aircraft, send me a PM.*********