Originally Posted By: Mdore
I read the manual AGAIN. And I didn't find an answer AGAIN

It was in the manual from Vintorez:
Quote:
Missile channel jamming story:
Such jamming did have effect versus early Dvina V-750VK missiles in Vietnam. Between December 1967 and February 1968, literally hundreds of Vietnamese missiles went out of control right after launch. SNRs were unable to locate their missiles as their relatively weak transponder (transmitters of back-facing reply signal from the missile towards SNR which made them visible) signal was suppressed by very effective USAF’s QRC-160-8 jamming pods. Soviets reacted quickly after an example QRC-160-8 was salvaged from a downed F-105 in February 1968 - solution was to double the missile marker number of pieces, and increase its output with the introduction of the V-750VM/VMK missile type. Since then, missile channel jamming was ineffective.
Interestingly, the US TAC HQ learned this, and the Weasels/F-4's were not jamming this channel for several years. However, this info was lost in the USAF organization, so SAC HQ had no knowledge of it. As late as during Linebacker II in 1972, all B52s were still instructed to jam the missile downlink signal channel, using up - for no effect – their valuable jammers which could otherwise had been tuned to deal with SNR target tracking.

I've searched back the forum, but didn't find where was discussed, so sorry being stubborn...