Originally Posted By: WWGeezer

If you go thru the pages attached you will see that the Aerostat has events that could be signs of a solution to this problem, but they are not functional in the game at this time ( at least I couldn't get them to work)

cant really got your idea here, but to clear things - object messages are made for object byitself, i mean these messages are for ballon - and you cant connect em to the plane/pilot as its another object and it had its own messages/events.

Quote:

Separate the pilot death from equipment failure, give us events for pilot wounded, pilot dead, plane crashed, plane destroyed. This is so basic regarding strategy in the game and his historically accurate. How many pilots do we have? Are the new planes ready for duty?

But airplane already had crashed and destroyed events (?) or you mean to add these kind of events into a complex trigger options?

Also, the problem lays a bit deeper, what is the difference between plane crashed and plane destroyed? I mean human - can understand it, but what about simple system which counts dozens of planes by simple rules? And dont forget about all of that is connected to stats system (kill messages, stats count and so on, so in case if you pull in one place - it can crash in another).

Imagine, few planes in a group with leader - all of em AI (the whole system is solid - and there is no difference between human and AI plane for the mission manager), then suddenly leader got engine prop killed (collided or flacked) - and youll see a breathtaking movie about wingmans trying to form up with his leaded - as hes still alive for them - and that is only one from many variant of scenario concerned to "prop" issue.

Last edited by =FB=VikS; 11/12/12 07:58 AM.

VikS
Flying BARANS Forever!
"All wool - to the front!"
www.barans.ru
www.riseofflight.com