We all know something is up inside 1C with respect to CLOD and the planned Moscow/Stalingrad sequels.... which I believe have been cancelled. I base that on hard information provided to me by trusted independent sources. These same sources also say that an "arrangement " has been made between 1C and 777 studios. Exactly what this arrangement is not clear. I say not clear because a third credible source provides a slightly different story.

Two options have been suggested. The first a new WWII Sim based on the ROF engine with unique new content. In this case all models and content from the Moscow/Stalingrad sequels will be trashed. The second suggestion is the porting of 3D models etc from the cancelled Moscow/Stalingrad sequels into the ROF engine to be part of the new 1C/777/ROF WWII Sim.

Foobs touched on all this in his Blog not so long ago. Many have lambasted Foobs scoop as garbage however it does actually closely agree with the info I have received from trusted knowledgeable sources.

So what is the TRUE situation ? the community are enjoying the current "Final" release patch of CLOD. It shows the awesome potential that CLOD has to offer. There is still work to be done however. The community anticipation is that improvements that will come with the sequels will flow through to CLOD. Of course if the sequels have been cancelled (which I believe to be the case) then what we have is it !

So 1C please tell the community what the True situation is. At present the community is in a Vacuum still awaiting that Official "sequel" announcement that was supposed to have been be made a couple of months ago.

Last edited by IvanK; 11/08/12 08:34 AM.