Is it possible to set up your own server and play single player but in the open world aspect?

Alot of people think or want the single player game to also have the open world aspect after completing the missions, is this the case? if not maybe this should be announced again as I see many forum posts thinking it's possible.

Roughly how many missions will the single player game have if you reach between 2 and 3 million?

Will it be possible for people to mod\create new single player offline campaigns?

I found Freespace 2 using joystick very difficult to hit another ship. Will SC have an auto aim function, i.e if you get the enemy roughly near the cross hair the aim will adjust to hit the fighter? (Though freelancer was mouse driven and something I balked at at first and also arcade I found I had some of the best dogfights in that game compared to say freespace 2. I do want the game to be more like Freespace with joystick control and cockpit view but have the exhilarating dogfights Freelancer had and I feel giving abit a leeway with aiming would help).

What is your main vision when it comes to the game, is it the Open world multiplayer aspect over the SP game? Many games that have both you usually find the game is really a Multiplayer game with a single campaign tacked on as a side issue. I've seen many people on the forums who want it for the multiplayer aspect say the single player game is really a minor part and will be more like a tutorial, is this the case? If so do you not think there will be a backlash from all those who pledged soley for the SP side of the game?

Wouldn't you have considered making two separate games, one a single player game and the other an MMO and have run two separate pledge campaigns? I think you'd have measly got 2.5 million for each game, don't you think putting them together in what really is or hopefully is two complete games in one counter productive to the crowdfunding? Not only would those single player gamers have pledged by now who are on the shelf (I'm one of them) about it you'd also have had people peldging for both titles.