Are there any low-diskspace modpacks? Preferably for 4.11?
Or unknown modpacks that just add things like sounds, map repaints, fancy new effects, better flight models or weapons data...you know, none too specific stuff; nothing like "Bf-109F-4 Trop with cut off antenna, missing windshield armor and the Reichsmark that fell out of Marseille's pocket during one mission. With 32bit 4096*4096 textures!"

Or do I have to hunt down suitable mods myself?

If so, I'm interested in Eastern Front Bf-109 or Fw-190 flying.
I know there's a Bf-109 cockpit mod (also Low-Res) and the pack for improved external 109 models. I'll also hunt down a sound mod for the DB-60x as well as the leaner radio chatter.

But what's there in terms of maps?
In general, I prefer more accurately placed objects (or more objects) instead of fancy high-res textures.

Also, what other stuff that could be useful (accuracy > appearance > HD)?

And, will it work in 4.11.1?
(I'm not afraid of trial and error)

I simply can't spare the disk space (laptop, 80GB HDD, dual boot, MSFS...) for behemoths like UP3 (4.10) or HSFX6.0.

- Edit:

Okay, this is getting complicated...

I've got a Modact for 4.11 installed (plus the buttons file) and tried to get the "Ultimate 109 2.1" and "Low Res Cockpits v4"* mod to run.
Both mods are in my "MODS" folder (e.g. MODS\00_BF109_Ultimate_Pack_v2) and I've edited the air.ini, etc...accordingly.

The sim crashes at 100% when loading a mission.

What did I do wrong?

Do I need the "Diff_FM" file? Do I need to activate all the mods with JSGME regardless?

*4.11 does not accept mods done for 4.10. Weird.

- Edit 2:

Diff_FM for 4.11 in MODS\Diff_FM didn't help. Still crashing at 100%.

- Edit 3:

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,20973.msg232083.html#msg232083

That did it. Missions load now.

Last edited by Heretic; 07/27/12 02:57 AM.