Since this is my first post here, hello to all! wave
I´m glad I found the Comanche Gold Win7 fixes and graphic mods here since I always loved the series.

Background:
As most of the CG fans here will know this game runs in directdraw-mode and therefore bypasses hardware rendering of the graphic card. That means activating antialiasing in the graphic card's driver doesn´t work. I found a way to get a sort of antialiasing to work, improving the image quality even further together with the graphic mods posted here by Reticuli and MixedupJim! It´s all done with a nvidia card, so I don't know if it works with ati cards, maybe someone could try it and post the results.

Workaround to get Comanche hardware rendered and antialiased:

1. Download and install DXGL wrapper by William Feely.
This program will translate the directdraw calls into opengl. It´s in an very early stage of development but seems to work fine. You have to create a profile for the WC3.exe file and that´s it. I experimented with some of the settings in a hurry to get it into fullscreen, the built in filtering options seem to have no effect by now but I didn't look much into this. A quite nice side effect is that I got completely rid off the weird colors bug which I still got randomly.
Click to reveal.. (screenshot)

2. Download and install the latest nvidia driver 301.42, there is an option for a new postprocess antialiasing mode called FXAA. Just make a profile in the driver panel for the WC3.exe and activate this option. The other FSAA and filtering options seem to have no effect, only FXAA does the trick for me. They may work with other systems, give it a try and post your results.
Click to reveal.. (screenshot)

3. Enjoy an even more good looking Voxel ride copter

Here are 2 screenshots to compare the effect. It's quite nice particularly on the models as you can see on the cannon for instance, but the edges of the landscape do also look better. Everything gets a bit blurry but not too much. There´s a noticable drop in fps but still runs smooth at my system with a Core2Duo E4500 @ 3.1 ghz + Geforce 9600GT.
It was a bit of a hassle to get screenshots, the normal methods didn´t work so I tried some capture programs. There are no artifacts ingame and no black bars, couldn't get rid of that in the screenshots.

Click to reveal.. ( FXAA off )

Click to reveal.. ( FXAA on)

Hope you enjoy it.